89TH AIRLIFT WING|
Printable Fact Sheet
89th Airlift Wing shield (color), U.S. Air Force graphic
With an Air Expeditionary Force combat-ready force of more than 1,100 personnel, the 89th Airlift Wing provides global Special Air Mission airlift, logistics, aerial port and communications for the president, vice president, cabinet members, combatant commanders and other senior military and elected leaders as tasked by the White House, Air Force chief of staff and Air Mobility Command. The 89th Airlift Wing maintains 24/7 alert, operating the Executive Airlift Training Center and Government Network Operation Center.
Mission: Enabling national interests through global transportation for America's senior leaders ... "Safe, comfortable, reliable, connected and protected!"
89th Airlift Wing Aircraft
- Collective Vision: SAM Fox ... Perfection is Our Standard!
- Core Values: Integrity First, Service Before Self and Excellence in All We Do
#1 - Flawless mission execution
#2 - Develop/care for Airmen and their families
#3 - Enhance our SAM FOX culture
Higher Headquarters: 18th Air Force (Air Mobility Command)
- Origins: Activated May 1, 1951, as 89th Troop Carrier Wing, Medium
- Location: Joint Base Andrews, Md. (since Jan. 8, 1966)
- Active-duty Strength: 1,186
-- Service Streamers: World War II American Theater
--Meritorious Unit Award (July 1, 2011 to June 30, 2012)
--Air Force Outstanding Unit Awards: 20 (most current: July 1, 2008 - June 30, 2009)
- VC-25A "Air Force One" (Boeing 747)
- C-20B (Gulfstream III)
- C-32A (Boeing 757)
- C-37A (Gulfstream V)
- C-37B (Gulfstream 550)
- C-40B (Boeing 737)
- Approved: April 28, 1966
- Significance: Blue and yellow are the Air Force colors. Blue alludes to the sky, the primary theater of Air Force operations. Yellow refers to the sun and the excellence required of Air Force personnel. The bald eagle, the national symbol, and the orbit ring symbolize the Wing's unique mission of transporting the President, Vice President and national of foreign dignitaries anywhere on the globe.
- Motto: EXPERTO CREDE ... "Trust One Who Has Experience"
Point of Contact
89th Airlift Wing Public Affairs, 1419 Menoher Drive, Suite 108, Joint Base Andrews, MD 20762; Comercial: 301-981-6013; DSN: 858-6013; Fax: 301-981-5921.