AADD is an initiative to safely return all grades of active duty, guard, reserve, retirees, DOD civilians, and dependents of the above to a residence if they are unable to drive themselves.
To prevent deaths, injuries and illegal actions that result from driving under the influence; Educate base personnel on the severe consequences of driving under the influence and the importance of having a plan.
AADD volunteers do not wear uniforms or use rank. Location, number of people with you, first name, and callback number - this is all that is needed to get home. Do not worry; your information will not be used for anything other than making contact.
Getting a ride
To use AADD, call 240-857-RIDE (7433). For comfort, a greeting will reassure you that you have, in fact, reached AADD. Be prepared to communicate your current location and situation.
All grades of Airmen - active duty, guard, reserve, retirees, DOD civilians and their dependents - can volunteer for AADD. There are no maximums or minimums so long as your schedule permits. This is a great, high-impact volunteering opportunity. To sign up, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To volunteer please send your name, desired shift (date/time/position), contact number, city of residence, and copy of insurance card no later than Friday at 12:00 p.m. to the AADD Org Box. (If you have already provided your insurance card in the past, please make note of it in your e-mail it can verify.)
· Now use their mobile phones to dispatch from the comfort of home
· Are provided instructions in a binder that is to be picked up by 9 p.m. on the Friday before their dispatching shift. They will return off the binder Monday by close of business following their shift. The binder provides the dispatchers with all the assigned drivers for the weekend in it.
· Work in driving shifts from 9 p.m. to 12:30 a.m., and 12:30 a.m. to 4 a.m.
· Must email or deliver a copy of their insurance cards for proof of coverage to email@example.com, or coordinate to drop it off with the AADD staff.
AADD operating hours are from 9 p.m. - 4 a.m. on:
· Friday nights
· Saturday nights
· Nights before federal holidays
· Nights before family days