|COMMAND CHIEF MASTER SGT. ANTHONY BRINKLEY|
Chief Master Sergeant Anthony Brinkley is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, 11th Wing, Joint Base Andrews, Maryland. He is the principal advisor to the commander on all enlisted issues. His responsibilities include keeping the commander informed of all matters affecting the health, morale, and welfare of assigned enlisted personnel and providing assistance, guidance, and expertise to two group and 10 squadron commanders. He is also responsible for the quality of life and installation support for over 4,500 enlisted personnel assigned to the installation composed of 11 tenant units which include an airlift wing, an Air National Guard wing and an Air Force Reserve wing.Chief Master Sergeant Brinkley entered the Air Force on January 12, 1984. He began his career as an Administrative Specialist and later retrained into the First Sergeant career field. The Chief has led several deployments in support of operations Desert Fox and Southern Watch in Saudi Arabia, as well as conducting fact-finding activities in Kyrgyzstan to enhance quality of life for deployed troops.
1984 Administrative Specialist Course, Keesler AFB, Miss.
1987 NCO Preparatory Course, Shaw Air Force Base, S.C.
1988 NCO Leadership School, Incirlik AB, Turkey
1991 Strategic Air Command NCOA, Barksdale AFB, La.
1994 USAF SNCO Academy Correspondence Course
1997 Associates Degree in Information Management, Community College of the Air Force
1999 CCAF Degree in Personnel Administration, Community College of the Air Force
2001 USAF SNCOA Academy, Maxwell AFB, Gunter Annex, Ala.
2005 Chiefs Leadership Course, Maxwell AFB, Gunter Annex, Ala.
1. January 1984 - March 1984, student, Basic Military Training School, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. March 1984 - June 1984, student, Technical Training School, Keesler AFB, Miss.
3. June 1984 - November 1985, Unit Administrative Specialist, 3rd Fighter Wing Operations Branch, Clark AB, Philippines
4. November 1985 - May 1987, Administrative Specialist, 17th Aircraft Maintenance Unit, Shaw AFB, S.C.
5. May 1987 - August 1988, NCOIC, USAF Special Activity Division, Det 5, Izmir, Turkey
6. August 1988 - May 1993, NCOIC, 28th Bomb Squadron, McConnell AFB, Kan.
7. May 1993 - May 1994, NCOIC, Secretary Combined Joint Staff Operations Branch, Yongsan AB, Korea
8. May 1994 - June 1995, Chief, Information Management, 9th Space Warning Squadron, Robins AFB, Ga.
9. June 1995 - September 1997, First Sergeant, 337th Recruiting Squadron, Shaw AFB, S.C.
10. September 1997 - January 2000, First Sergeant, 22nd Civil Engineer/Communications Squadron, McConnell AFB, Kan.
11. January 2000 - January 2001, First Sergeant, 35th Fighter Squadron, Kunsan AB, Korea
12. January 2001 - March 2003, First Sergeant, 6th Medical Group, MacDill AFB, Fla.
13. March 2003 - May 2005, First Sergeant, 6th Operations Group, MacDill AFB, Fla.
14. May 2005 - March 2007, First Sergeant HQ AMC, Scott AFB, Ill.
15. March 2007 - April 2008, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 8th Fighter Wing, Kunsan AB, Korea
16. April 2008 - October 2008, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 314th Airlift Wing, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
17. October 2008 - June 2010, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 19th Airlift Wing, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
18. June 2010 - October 2010, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 316th Wing, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
19. October 2010 - Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 11th Wing, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Achievement Medal
1984 Honor Graduate, Administrative Management Course, Keesler AFB, Miss.
1999 22nd Air Refueling Wing First Sergeant of the Year, McConnell AFB, Kan.
2001 Distinguished Graduate Senior Non-commissioned Academy, Gunter Annex, Ala.
2003 Bay Area Brotherhood Martin Luther King Humanitarian Award Winner, Tampa, Fla.
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Technical Sergeant - July 1991
Master Sergeant - July 1994
Senior Master Sergeant - June 2001
Chief Master Sergeant - May 2005